Listen Live

Listen Live

Listen Live

HomeNewsFire Department Responds to Report of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Fire Department Responds to Report of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The Williams Lake Fire Department was quick to respond to reports of a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a residence on Vanderburgh Road over the weekend.

Fire Chief Des Webster, says they received the call Saturday morning at around 7.

“It was reported by the homeowners as to their carbon monoxide detector was going off in the house and several of the family members had taken sick by what they thought was carbon monoxide and had taken themselves to hospital.”

Webster says once the Department arrived and their detectors noted that there was CO they vented the home by opening the windows.

- Advertisement -

He says although the residence did not have natural gas installed, but propane heat, any fuel-fired appliance has the potential of giving off carbon monoxide.

“Typically with heaters like that, if the heaters are not functioning properly the incomplete combustion of the propane causes the CO,” says Webster.

“Having detectors is critical in situations like that.”

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

More