A leaking propane tank was safely shut off at a Bridge Lake area residence late Monday afternoon.
“You could see the white mist when it was bleeding off and there was the smell of propane,” says Doug Townsend, Chief of the Interlakes Volunteer Fire Department.
“We evacuated within 100 yards of the spill and we kept everybody away. We had propane people eventually arrive, and we had cut the power to that block.”
The Fire Department was on scene for four and a half hours.
“It probably didn’t require us to be there the whole time or a very minimum crew there because the propane fellow that came out said there was no real danger present venting off like it was,” says Townsend, “but on the side of being doubtful we took the precautions that we did.”