Projects are underway for Central Chilcotin Rehabilitation (CCR) with Indigenous wisdom, cultural continuity and ecological stewardship.
In a release from CCR, this is to align with their commitment to resilience, cultural revitalization, and sustainable land management practices.
They said the key ways to integrate Indigenous practices into their forest management include:
- Restoring connection to traditional lands
- Incorporating Indigenous ecological knowledge
- Creating cultural spaces
- Indigenous-led decision making
- Healing from intergenerational trauma
- Building partnerships and respect
The collaborative approach to incorporate the practices will look to exemplify a model of sustainable development rooted in respect and understanding.
More information on the efforts to bring Indigenous practices into forest rehabilitation can be found on the Central Chilcotin Rehabilitation here.