Listen Live

Listen Live

Listen Live

HomeNews100 Mile HouseStronger BC Future Skills Grant Available Now For TRU Open Learning Programs

Stronger BC Future Skills Grant Available Now For TRU Open Learning Programs

A new grant from the BC government will give Thompson Rivers University students the skills and opportunities they need for in-demand careers.

The Stronger BC future skills grant program is available to students 19 and older pursuing eligible Open Learning programs.

That includes the Business Skills Supervisor Certificate, Entrepreneurial Skills 1 and 2 Certificates and the Event Management Certificate.

The grant covers eligible course costs at TRU with a lifetime maximum of $35-hundred per students.

“TRU Open Learning programs and courses are perfect for anyone who needs flexibility while pursuing their educational goals,” Matthew Dyck, associate director of Student Engagement and Experience, Open Learning, stated in a release, “Whether you are a working professional, caretaker, or any other learner with a busy life, you can create a study schedule that works for you. We are excited about this amazing opportunity for students to have potentially an entire certificate funded.”

For more information about the StrongerBC future skills grant, and its eligible programs, visit https://www.tru.ca/awards/government-programs/strongerbc-future-skills-grant.html. Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Province of British Columbia.