B.C. is reporting 743 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 182,541 cases in the province.
87.5% (4,053,738) of eligible people 12+ in B.C. have received their first dose of a vaccine and 80.0% (3,709,554) received their second dose.
In addition, 88.0% (3,805,580) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.9% (3,497,809) received their second dose.
There are 5,979 active cases in the province, of the active cases, 319 individuals are in hospital and 149 are in ICU.
The new/active cases include:
- 106 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,023
- 177 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 1,268
- 292 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,029
- 111 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 955
- 57 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 660
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 44
In the past 24 hours, seven new deaths have been reported including one in the North and one in the Interior, bringing the provincial death toll to 1,922.
From Sept. 16-22, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 75.0% of cases, and from Sept. 9-22, they accounted for 81.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Sept. 16-22) – Total 4,543
- Not vaccinated: 3,057 (67.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 351 (7.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,135 (25.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 9-22) – Total 436
- Not vaccinated: 322 (73.9%)
- Partially vaccinated: 35 (8.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 79 (18.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 16-22)
- Not vaccinated: 292.8
- Partially vaccinated: 90.8
- Fully vaccinated: 28.3
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 9-22)
- Not vaccinated: 46.6
- Partially vaccinated: 14.1
- Fully vaccinated: 1.8
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 25.9 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.