B.C. is reporting 759 new cases of COVID-19, including 25 epi-linked cases, for a total of 180,937 cases in the province.
There are 5,458 active cases in the province while 324 individuals are in hospital and 157 are in intensive care.
The new/active cases include:
- 129 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 943
- 233 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 1,223
- 214 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,734
- 101 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 877
- 79 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 636
- three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 45
10 new deaths have been reported, seven in Fraser Health, two in Vancouver Coastal, and one in Island Health.
87.1% (4,038,966) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of a vaccine and 79.7% (3,692,922) received their second dose.
In addition, 87.7% (3,792,240) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.5% (3,482,742) received their second dose.