The City of Williams Lake has received further clarification regarding the updated provincial health order and requirements for spectators for indoor sports events.
According to the City, the current order does not require proof of vaccination for spectators of indoor sporting events with fewer than 50 people. In addition, all youth coaching and volunteer staff are exempt from showing proof of vaccination. Parents assisting and supporting children are exempt as well.
Proof of vaccination is also not required for:
- Public swimming and skating, when not associated with an event.
- Patrons attending the Complex to speak to from desk staff for information or registration
- Recreation and sport activities for anyone 21 and younger
- Workers at the workplace, including coaches and volunteers required to run programs
- Before/after school programs
- Teachers and instructors providing education activities
- Formal government activities and services, including Council meetings.
Masks are still required in all indoor city facilities when not engaged in physical activity.
Visitors and participants will be required to show a BC Vaccine Card and government-issued photo identification for adult programs and fitness for those 22 years of age and older, or attending an event with a capacity greater than 50.