(Files by Brendan Pawliw – My Prince George Now)
BC Health Officials are reporting 47% of residents 12 and up along with half of all eligible adults (50.5) have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
In addition, 80.3% of eligible adults and 79.3% of those 12+ have gotten their first jab.
Forty-one new infections were reported today (Wednesday), including two in Northern Health, and 16 in Interior Health.
There are 639 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, 28 of them are in our health region.
In addition, 65 people are battling the virus in hospital, 11 of which are in intensive care.
- two new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 28
- 10 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 258
- 16 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 157
- 11 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 165
- one new case in Island Health
- Total active cases: 24
- one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
- Total active cases: seven