CRD asking for feedback on 2021 budget, proposes 4.1% tax increase
Canadian currency. (Pixabay)
The Cariboo Regional District has released the 2021 budget and is asking for feedback on how it should be used.
The CRD’s 2021 budget has increased to $54.3 million for 2021, an increase of 8.5% overall from 2020. Additionally, the District is proposing collecting 4.1% more taxes than last year.
A number of the CRD’s services have a proposed increased budget, including:
- Administrative Services: 6.8% increase of $215,468
- Airport Services: 35.4% increase of $147,035
- Contribution Services: 9.4% increase of $40,453
- Library, Culture, and Heritage Services: 3.1% increase of $83,221
- Protective Services: 7.9% increase of $373,943
- Recreation Services: 2.2% increase of $176,993
- Streetlighting: 2.5% increase of $1,866
The Cariboo Regional District has also provided a spreadsheet to help residents learn how the new budget impacts each community directly.