Listen Live

Listen Live

Listen Live

HomeNews100 Mile HouseTest Results Reveal Low levels of Algal Toxin From Dissipated Bloom

Test Results Reveal Low levels of Algal Toxin From Dissipated Bloom

Recent test results have confirmed the presence of very low levels of algal toxin at Horse Lake.

Interior Health made the announcement Friday and say at the current level there are no acute human health effects.

They say although the bloom has dissipated and is no longer visible on most areas of the lake, they will continue to monitor it.

Residents in the area are asked to report any re-growth of the algae bloom the Interior Health Protection Officer at 250-395-7676.

- Advertisement -

The boiling of a surface containing blue-green algal toxins will not remove them.

Interior Health says as always, visitors and residents are reminded to never drink or cook with untreated water directly from any recreational body of water at any time.

Residents using surface water with disinfection and filtration are safe to use their water.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

More