Over 700 not-for-profit organizations throughout the province are receiving $18 million to deliver opportunities for people of all ages to participate in arts, culture, and community sports programs.
Receiving support through B.C’s Community Grants in the South Cariboo are the 100 Mile House & District Historical Society and South Cariboo Historical Museum Society.
Five organizations in Quesnel and four in Williams Lake are also receiving grants.
The Province says it is also providing approximately $27 million to more than 800 sports sector organizations in 2019-2020.
Five groups in 100 Mile House, 12 in Quesnel and six in Williams Lake are receiving funds.
The most will be going to the Williams Lake Minor Hockey Association that is being provided $100,000.
“The Community Gaming Grants program provides up to $140 million to about 5,000 not-for-profit organizations in British Columbia each year,” said the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Arts Culture Sector 2019-2020 Cariboo recipients:
- 100 Mile House & District Historical Society $20,000
- Clinton South Cariboo Historical Museum Society $11,000
- Quesnel Quesnel and District Community Arts Council $9,000
- Quesnel Art Gallery Society $12,500
- Quesnel Live Arts Society $6,000
- Quesnel Old Time Fiddlers’ Association $3,500
- Quesnel Quesnel Tillicum Society $8,300
- Williams Lake Cariboo Chilcotin Youth Fiddle Society $6,600
- Community Arts Council of Williams Lake $6,600
- Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin $30,000
- Williams Lake Station House Studio and Gallery $23,000
Sport Sector 2019-2020 Cariboo recipients:
- 100 Mile & District Minor Hockey Association $39,000
- 100 Mile House & District Figure Skating Club $15,000
- 100 Mile House and District Soccer Association $20,600
- 100 Mile House Wranglers Junior B Hockey Club $15,000
- Kokoro Judo Association $7,000
- Cariboo Ski-Touring Club $16,500
- Lightning Creek Ski Club $12,000
- North Cariboo Gymkhana Society $2,100
- Quesnel and District Minor Hockey Association $63,500
- Quesnel Aquatic Club $11,000
- Quesnel Curling Club $8,700
- Quesnel Girls Softball Association $7,500
- Quesnel Ringette Association $14,250
- Quesnel Technics Gymnastics Club $40,900
- Quesnel Youth Soccer Association $53,000
- Special Olympics British Columbia Society – Quesnel $13,000
- Waveriders Swim Club $19,000
- Cariboo Chilcotin Gymnastics Association $29,000
- Williams Lake Bighorns Lacrosse Association $5,000
- Williams Lake Curling Club $11,250
- Williams Lake Minor Hockey Association $100,000
- Williams Lake Skating Club $15,500
- Williams Lake Youth Soccer Association $40,000