Siwash Lake Ranch at 70 Mile House has been added to National Geographic’s prestigious collection of Unique Lodges of the World.
Geoff Moore, a travel media relations representative with the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Association calls the news exciting.
“Being included with the National Geographic Unique Lodges network of world-class accommodations is a superb accomplishment…”
“Siwash is the only Canadian property in this recent induction and is one of 3 of 38 lodges in the program in Canada, that has truly put Siwash Lake Ranch and the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast on the world stage.”
National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World was launched in January 2015.
Each lodge is evaluated through a comprehensive vetting process in which they are judged on the property, guest experience, quality of service, and sustainable tourism practices.
A total of 38 distinguished properties on six continents, make up National Geographic’s Unique lodges of the world.
The 14 newest members which include Siwash are:
- Petit St. Vincent, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Caribbean
- Hacienda de San Antonio, Mexico
- Cuixmala, Mexico
- Zarafa Camp, Botswana
- Mara Plains Camp, Kenya
- ol Donyo Lodge, Chyulu Hills, Kenya
- Tutka Bay Lodge, Alaska
- Winterlake Lodge, Alaska
- Inkaterra Hacienda Concepción, Amazon Rain Forest, Peru
- Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba, Sacred Valley of the Inca, Peru
- Inkaterra La Casona, Cusco, Peru
- Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island, Australia
- The Bushcamp Company, Zambia
Further details on National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World can be viewed at http://www.nationalgeographiclodges.com/
(Image courtesy: Siwash Lake Ranch)