Listen Live

Listen Live

Listen Live

HomeNews100 Mile HouseHouse Fire at 70 Mile House

House Fire at 70 Mile House

100 Mile House Fire Rescue responded to a residential structure fire Wednesday after a mutual aid request from the 70 Mile Volunteer Fire Department.

The call came in at about 8:30 am and when crews arrived heavy smoke was seen coming from the second floor and attic area.

“It was a difficult fire, the fire was in the chimney, it started from the wood stove and got into the structure so it was burning from the first floor all the way to the attic space,” said 100 Mile fire chief, Roger Hollander.

“To make things more difficult it was an addition to an existing home, so there was a lot of void spaces, which makes it more difficult for firefighters to extinguish the fire.”

- Advertisement -

Both departments worked very hard in minus 20-degree weather to extinguish the blaze.

Holland said although crews were able to safeguard many of the family’s possessions, the home suffered smoke and water damage.

Crews were on scene for about six hours, and there were no injuries.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

More