Firefighters in Quesnel were called to a structure fire in Johnston Subdivision this morning.
Fire Chief Sylvain Gauthier…
“The Quesnel Volunteer Department was dispatched at 6:30 this morning to a vehicle fire on Sargent Road, and upon arrival the carport where the vehicle was located, the carport was also fully involved, which turned into a structure fire.”
Gauthier says they were alerted to the fire through a 9-1-1 call.
He says no one was hurt…
“There were three occupants at the time that were inside the residence. All occupants are safe at this time. They were able to make their way out of the house without any injuries, and they were taken care of by a neighbour until we arrived on scene.”
Gauthier says the vehicle and entire carport were damaged, along with one side of the house.
He says they’re not sure of the cause right now…
“The only thing we know is we do believe it started somewhere in the carport, so we’re not too sure if it was the car or something electrical yet, so that’s still under investigation and that’s all we can say at this time, that’s all we know.”
Gauthier says they responded with 18 members, three engines, a water tender, and two pickups.
He says they were on scene for around two hours.