100 mile Fire Rescue responded to a vehicle fire on Fourth Street early Sunday morning at 7:30
“The individual that was in this vehicle did have a space heater that was plugged into the building and was actually sleeping in the vehicle which is certainly not recommended for a number of reasons by our department,” said fire chief, Roger Hollander.
“Luckily he did get out without injuries”.
Hollander said the individual woke to smoke inside the canopy covered truck bed and the battery caught on fire and leaked battery acid all over his jacket and other belongings.
100 Mile Fire Rescue were on scene for an hour and Hollander believes the cause to be either due to the space heater or the battery that was attached to it.
The building suffered no damage.