An evacuation alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District as a wildfire burning in the vicinity of Twin Creek poses an imminent threat to people and property.
Due to the potential danger to life and health, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following properties:
- The communities of 70 Mile House and South Green Lake as identified on the attached map.
“An evacuation alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises and property should it be found necessary,” the TNRD said.
“Residents will be given as much advance warning as possible prior to the evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.”
Use the TNRD’s online interactive map to see all the areas on evacuation order and alert: https://bit.ly/2tvM7ws
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
- Locate all family members and be prepared to evacuate your residence and property to an identified safe reception center.
- Gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (insurance), photographs and immediate care needs for dependants.
- Prepare to move any disabled persons and children.
- Collect pets and pet needs.
- If possible, move livestock to a safe area.
IN THE EVENT AN EVACUATION IS REQUIRED, residents in the above described areas and as identified on the attached map will need to exit the area and will be directed to a designated reception center.
The lightning caused Twin Creek fire (C42324) located southeast of 70 Mile House as of Saturday, August 11 was listed by the BC Wildfire Service as an estimated 524 hectares and 0% contained.