Listen Live

Listen Live

Listen Live

HomeNews100 Mile HouseGas Leak Shut Off Quickly

Gas Leak Shut Off Quickly

100 Mile House Fire/Rescue and RCMP were called out in response to a report of natural gas last night. The call came in at about 9 pm from a home in the 103 Mile mobile home park.

Roger Hollander, fire chief for 100 Mile House, says “upon arrival the home was smelling of natural gas, and our crews were able to turn the gas off from outside.” He says they ventilated the home, and the occupants left the building. There were no injuries to the occupants or the firefighters.

Hollander says that Fortis BC has assessed the building, and the leak was related to a home appliance that had been installed during the day. Repairs will be completed later today

Hollander says that when calls like this come in, the public are encouraged to exit the home immediately, and open doors and windows as they leave, to ventilate the space.

Fortis BC reminds the public to call their 24 hour emergency line at 1-800-663-9911 in case of a leak, or 911.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

More