100 Mile House Fire Rescue responded to a report of smoke in an apartment building on the afternoon of February 27.
The occupants evacuated the building on Cedar Avenue when the smoke alarms went off. Fire personnel searched all units in the building but were unable to locate the source of the smoke.
The tenants were allowed to return as soon as the building was deemed safe, and there were no injuries.
100 Mile House Fire Rescue would like to remind the public that when alerted by an
active fire alarm to:
– Remain calm
-Leave immediately towards the safest exit leaving doors closed
-Call 911 from outside the building
-Remain outside the building in a safe location
-Do not return into the building for any reason until you are instructed
to do so by the fire department