Community meetings in which the Cariboo Regional District (CRD) hopes to use to improve emergency response communications and planning following wildfires this summer are scheduled to begin October 29.
“Residents are encouraged to attend the consultation meeting closest to them, whether in their community or another,” said Al Richmond, CRD Chair.
The meetings are to take place in 17 of the most impacted fire and evacuation areas and will run between 1 to 2 hours.
A trade show full of information about the response and recovery resources will start each meeting followed by a brief overview of the response. The remainder of the meeting will be dedicated to small group discussion about the response and recovery challenges.
There will not be an open microphone portion at any of the meetings.
The consultations according to a news release are being completed on behalf of the Cariboo Regional District by Tim Conrad, APR, and Lloyd Piehl of Butterfly Effect Communications, both of whom were part of the information team during emergency operations this summer.
“Consultations are notoriously difficult, and we are hoping these family-friendly meetings will allow all residents who experienced the many challenges of the wildfire season to have a voice,” said Conrad in a release.
Consultation Meeting Dates are as follows:
- Sunday, Oct. 29, 1:30 p.m. at Forest Grove Community Hall
- Sunday, Oct. 29, 6:30 p.m. at Watch Lake Community Hall
- Monday, Oct. 30, 6:30 p.m. at Interlakes Community Hall
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 6:30 p.m. at Williams Lake Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex, Gibraltar Room (joint meeting with City of Williams Lake)
- Thursday, Nov. 2, 6:30 p.m. at Wildwood Fire Hall
- Friday, Nov. 3, 6:30 p.m. at Nazko School
- Saturday, Nov. 4, 1:30 p.m. at West Fraser Fire Hall
- Saturday, Nov. 4, 6:30 p.m. in Quesnel, location to be announced
- Sunday, Nov. 5, 1:30 p.m. at 150 Mile House Community Hall
- Monday, Nov. 6, 6:30 p.m. at Miocene Community Hall
- Tuesday, Nov. 7, 6:30 p.m. at Anahim Lake Community Hall
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, 6:30 p.m. at Nimpo Lake Community Hall
- Thursday, Nov. 9, 12:00 p.m. at Alexis Creek Community Hall
- Thursday, Nov. 9, 4:00 p.m. at Riske Creek Old School
- Monday, Nov. 13, 6:30 p.m. at 108 Mile Ranch Community Hall
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 6:30 p.m. at 100 Mile House Community Hall (joint meeting with District of 100 Mile House)
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, 6:30 p.m. at Big Lake Community Hall