Listen Live

Listen Live

Listen Live

HomeNewsWilliams LakeWait time shortened for TRU’s Practical Nursing program in Williams Lake

Wait time shortened for TRU’s Practical Nursing program in Williams Lake

The wait time to get into TRU’s Practical Nursing (PN) program has just been shortened by at least a year thanks to the one-time approval of an extra offering at Williams Lake.

The extra session, which starts this September, runs into spring 2019 and has room for 26 students, was approved earlier this month by the BC government. The PN program typically runs every two years, but the province agreed to act on a growing demand for the program in Williams Lake.

“The number of students interested in our program continues to increase and we are thankful our request for the extra cohort was approved,” said Donna Murnaghan, TRU’s dean of nursing. “We are thrilled that students will be starting their careers in health care and graduate sooner so they are playing a vital role in their communities.”

The School of Nursing and TRU’s registrar’s office are currently reviewing applications for this fall, and students who meet all qualifications for acceptance will soon be notified with a letter of offer.

The next regular offering starts September 2018. Potential applicants for the 2018 intake need to have completed all admission requirements by March 31, 2018 in order to be considered for September 2018.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

More