100 Mile House RCMP are investigating a report of a dog poisoning at a residence on Gloinnzun Cr. at 108 Mile House last week.
Corporal Brian Lamb says police received a report that the family’s dog became very ill, and after taking it to the vet had stomach contents that revealed tainted meat that had likely been thrown over the fence at their property.
Lamb says the incident is not believed to have been targeted.
“At this time we haven’t had any further reports. However, it’s something just to keep in mind. If your dog gets into a meat patty or any type of meat that you didn’t give your dog that has been found in the yard, that would be of concern.”
Lamb says police continue to investigate and encourages anyone with further information or witnesses any suspicious activity to contact RCMP or Crime Stoppers.