The Williams Lake Fire Department was on the scene of an apartment fire Tuesday morning.
RCMP Staff Sgt. Del Byron confirms that police received a report of the fire at the Tree House Village Apartments on Second Avenue North after 1 am.
It is believed that the fire had started in the kitchen.
Deputy Fire Chief Rob Warnock says although the fire was contained to the one suite, there was water damage to the suite below and smoke damage to the suite above.
He says crews were on scene for about three and a half hours.
One person was taken to hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.