Crews are making progress on a wildfire roughly three kilometers south of Nazko.
Ryan Turcot, Fire Information Officer with the Provincial Wildfire Coordination Centre, says as of Sunday the blaze is now 30% contained.
“There are currently 45 firefighting personnel on site and 20 more en route working to contain the fire. Additionally, one helicopter, seven bulldozers and one water truck are on site.”
Turcot says the fire was previously estimated to be 1,000 hectares in size, but more accurate mapping has indicated the fire to be 300 hectares in size.
The fire is expected to fully contained by Monday.
(with files from BC Wildfire Service)